Futurescale, Inc. PureMVC Home

The PureMVC Framework Code at the Speed of Thought

Over 10 years of community discussion and knowledge are maintained here as a read-only archive.

New discussions should be taken up in issues on the appropriate projects at https://github.com/PureMVC

Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: There are MulticorePureMVC, should normal PureMVC be totally insteaded?  (Read 7186 times)
mani

View Profile Email
« on: July 08, 2008, 10:26:19 »

If not, what's the value of normal PureMVC exists?
The multicorePureMVC could do what normal PureMVC do.
Is multicorePureMVC for complex project, normal PureMVC for simple project?

Thanks for your time~
mani.
puremvc
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2008, 05:17:31 »

The Standard and MultiCore versions of the framework for AS3 are 'reference implementations' for ports to other languages and platforms to be based upon.

If a target language doesn't support modular development then the Multiton approach would be overkill.

Also, things evolve over time. The MultiCore port was only recently introduced. Apps already built upon the Standard version must still be supported. Most of the docs, demos and utils are for the Standard version, although some have been ported already its a lot of work.

Right now, if you want to build a modular app, use MultiCore. If you're just learning the framework, go with the Standard version till you get it, then step up to MultiCore when you need it.

-=Cliff> 
Tekool

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2008, 12:55:59 »

Cliff, I think that multicore must be the default too.

The way you (well) write multicore version of PureMVC allows to use it as monocore even if you didn't need modules. I personally use only multicore version, even for applications that I suppose to use as monocore. The difference is very lightweight, even if I perfectly understand that it's bad to add complexity when it is not needed for people that just begin with PureMVC.

But the real thing is that multicore as default would be a good thing because of the compatibility with utilities or different ports in the future. Nothing worst than to find an utility and realize that the port to multicore has not been made. I'm also afraid that two identical branches exists in the future, badly slowing the adoption because of the difficulty to find the good way start to use PureMVC.
puremvc
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2008, 03:42:23 »

Well, again once docs, utilities and demos are all ported it might make sense to drop the Standard version. But that's down the road a piece.

-=Cliff>
mani

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2008, 04:49:09 »

Endless thanks~~ :)
Pages: [1]
Print