Futurescale, Inc. PureMVC Home

The PureMVC Framework Code at the Speed of Thought

Over 10 years of community discussion and knowledge are maintained here as a read-only archive.

New discussions should be taken up in issues on the appropriate projects at https://github.com/PureMVC

Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: [Multicore] Pipes - Architecture Best Practices with Flex Library  (Read 8567 times)
danielcsgomes

- daniel@onedesign.com.pt
View Profile Email
« on: August 20, 2008, 02:56:09 »

Hi guys,

Today i started my new "adventure" with PureMVC Multicore + Pipes, i just start reading some articles about pipes and see how the Pipes Demo works and try to understand it.

My first goal with Multicore and Pipes is recode my User Manager Demo that was made in PureMVC Standard, because for me that is the best way to learn and understand it. ;)

My main goal is learn how i can work with PureMVC with an External Library with Independent Modules that the Application don't need to know and vice-versa.

So when i started, i got some questions about architecture. The application will the equal to this  "User Manager Demo", the difference it will have Multicore Pipes and will have an External Flex Library that will contain the Login and User Manager Modules.

So my questions are, what is the best practice to make this modules totally indepedents of the Application? And what is the best file structure and architecture for it?

My first thought about file structure was something like this:

-APP
  -Common Files
  -Controller
  -Model > VO
  -View > Components
-Flex Library
  -Modules
      -Login
          -Controller
          -Model > VO
          -View > Components
      -UserManager
          -Controller
          -Model > VO
          -View > Components

But maybe i will have some common files to be shared with Application and Modules, and other question came. Where is the best place to put common files that sometimes are specific for an application and how to share them with Modules and Application?

Suggests and ideas are welcome.

Thanks,

Daniel Gomes
puremvc
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2008, 11:46:34 »

Just create a new Flex Library project to put the shared classes in.

At a minimum, you'd have three projects:

1) Your main app project,
2) Your module project
3) Your library project.

You'll make both your app project and your module project include the library project in their build paths.

-=Cliff>
danielcsgomes

- daniel@onedesign.com.pt
View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2008, 05:40:00 »

Thanks Cliff, that was a great idea ;)

Daniel Gomes
Pages: [1]
Print