Futurescale, Inc. PureMVC Home

The PureMVC Framework Code at the Speed of Thought

Over 10 years of community discussion and knowledge are maintained here as a read-only archive.

New discussions should be taken up in issues on the appropriate projects at https://github.com/PureMVC

Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Can't download anything, no demo code  (Read 8841 times)
m.bergens

View Profile Email
« on: October 04, 2007, 03:24:27 »

The only 2 things that appear downloadable to me are the framework itself and the test code. The demos don't work and I don't see how I can download the code. Am I missing something or all this is as intended? ???
puremvc
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2007, 05:11:20 »

If the Flash and Flex in-browser demos (HelloFlash, Architecture 101, Cafe Townsend, WS PatternGenerator) don't work, then its most likely your Flash player version which must be 9.0. They are all currently working for me.

Codepeek is having technical difficulties this week on some systems because Adobe moved to AIR Beta 2 over this last week and the old version of the AIR runtime are causing problems. All downloads of AIR are now the B2 version. This is noted on the 'About the Demo' page for CodePeek. The problem has been solved, and the app successfully migrated, but I've only just gotten back from MAX and won't have it all uploaded and re-asdoc'd until tommorow.

I just tried downloading all the demos and had no problem. So it sounds like there might be some confusion on the site navigation, so I'll describe that here.

First, I'm assuming you're looking at the site with an ordinary web browser such as IE, Firefox or Opera. If you're on a phone, pda or text browser you might have issues.

Assuming the site is rendering properly for you, think of the left-hand menu as a stack. When you go to http://puremvc.org, you see the 'Downloads' menu at the top of the 'stack'. That has selections to download PureMVC source code and unit tests.

From the main (blue) menu across the top of the site, click 'Demos'.

On the left hand menu you should see a new sub-menu has been pushed onto the stack. A 'Demos' menu. There are selections there for the various demos.

From the 'Demos' menu, select a demo, for instance, the 'Architecture 101 Demo'.
Now you will see that again, a new sub-menu has been pushed onto the stack. The 'Architecture 101 Demo' menu.

Each of the demo menus has a 'Get the Source Code' link. If you click this link it takes you to a page where you can download the source from a prominent link, and see the instructions for what to do with your download.  In the case of the Architecture 101 Demo, after clicking the 'Get the Source Code' link, you'll see a page with this displayed very near the top and in a large font:

Download the Source Code: Arch101Demo.zip

Just click the link and save the file.

Hope this helps.
-=Cliff>
m.bergens

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2007, 05:23:12 »

thanks, I got lost in the navigation indeed, now got the code I was looking for  8)
Pages: [1]
Print