Futurescale, Inc. PureMVC Home

The PureMVC Framework Code at the Speed of Thought

Over 10 years of community discussion and knowledge are maintained here as a read-only archive.

New discussions should be taken up in issues on the appropriate projects at https://github.com/PureMVC

Pages: 1 2 [3]
Print
Author Topic: Fabrication - Simplified PureMVC multicore modules  (Read 71906 times)
Darshan Sawardekar

View Profile Email
« Reply #30 on: January 08, 2009, 07:29:38 »

Hey Chris,

Can you try adding the following method to your main mxml file.

:
override public function getClassByName(classpath):Class {
   return getDefinitionByName(classpath) as Class;
}

This code is needed with modules. The documentation assumes information that is mentioned in the later wiki pages. I will try to improve this. If you can post your source files I can provide move information.

peace,
darshan
realien

View Profile Email
« Reply #31 on: January 21, 2009, 10:16:47 »

Is there a summary of what has changed from the first version of fabrication to this latest one?  I'm using the first version in a rather large project and need to evalute if we should upgrade.  The main issue we are having is modules not being unloaded properly but that could be more of a flex/garbage collection issue.  We implemented a group module loader that uses the fabrication module loader but loads multiple modules based on an xml file, maybe there have been fixed to the fabrication module loader we could do with ?

I'm surprised to see this is still not hosted within the pureMVC site/repository as a Utility. Not being rude, but it would be nice to see everything in once place in the same format as the other fine utilities.

Grant
Jason MacDonald

View Profile Email
« Reply #32 on: January 21, 2009, 02:42:30 »

Here you go, Grant.

http://code.google.com/p/fabrication/wiki/ChangeLog
Darshan Sawardekar

View Profile Email
« Reply #33 on: January 21, 2009, 11:50:58 »

Hey Grant,

Like Jason mentioned, the list of changes is here. 0.5 is the version to get with the fixes for the memory leaks. 0.5 was the biggest release so far and brought in the unit tests and fixes to some other reported bugs. 0.6 is the currently release with a Interceptors, Reactions and ModuleGroups.

When I started, Fabrication was just the routing layer on top of pipes. The scope of the project has since changed as I have added features that I think are needed to program in PureMVC in a more efficient manner. Initially I tried to do things from a pov of a PureMVC utility. However features like Reflexive Mediator registration and Interceptors can not be done without extending the core PureMVC actors.

Fabrication will continue on this path and add any features that are useful to general PureMVC development. I will maintain compatibility with PureMVC and any of its utilities as long as it makes sense. Nevertheless It would be nice to be officially linked from the PureMVC site. It is released under the Apache license, and any code contributions are welcome. ;-)

peace,
darshan
allumbra

View Profile Email
« Reply #34 on: January 28, 2009, 02:08:25 »

Hello Darshan,

With regard to licensing, do you have any intent of aligning Fabrication licensing with PureMVC?  To use fabrication in our business, we will have to make two separate requests to our company's OSS review board.  Ideally, it would be best to deal with one license for pureMVC libs and all related utilities and derivatives.

Cheers,

Benjamin
Darshan Sawardekar

View Profile Email
« Reply #35 on: January 29, 2009, 02:43:53 »

Hi Benjamin,

Fabrication is released under Apache 2.0 because this was a requirement at my company. Creative Commons is not suitable for software is what I was informed. Apache 2.0 is what I was asked to use. It is unlikely that I would be able to change the Fabrication license to Creative Commons. Sorry.

peace,
darshan
zermattchris

View Profile Email
« Reply #36 on: May 10, 2009, 10:40:15 »

Hi Darshan (and Cliff!),

Just digging through the combo PureMVC & Fabrication apps, examples and docs, and was just thinking that if one of you (or several) gurus decided to put together a book on building advanced apps (Flex, AIR) with PureMVC & Fabrication, I would be the first to buy it (along the lines of Manning's *Groovy in Action*).

Something about having a nice thick computer book to fall asleep to -- somehow it sinks in more quickly than sniffing through all the scattered and disjointed pieces that one finds online.

Irregardless of book idea, the combo of AIR, Flex Builder, PureMVC & Fabrication looks to be the answer to my prayers! A great big thank you for taking the time and energy to make this stuff happen :)

Cheers,
-Chris
arisco97

View Profile Email
« Reply #37 on: June 12, 2009, 01:41:38 »

Multicore and Pipes is a great offering, however PureMVC continues to push the 'duanting at first sight' even more with multicore. The Fabrication implementation simplifies this, and should get as much attention as the Multicore. I hope Cliff and all the smart developers move this ahead. 

Thank you.
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Print