Futurescale, Inc. PureMVC Home

The PureMVC Framework Code at the Speed of Thought

Over 10 years of community discussion and knowledge are maintained here as a read-only archive.

New discussions should be taken up in issues on the appropriate projects at https://github.com/PureMVC

Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: [ DEFUSED ] Unable to resolve resource bundle "data" for locale "en_US"  (Read 17721 times)
thaneros
Courseware Beta

View Profile Email
« on: October 18, 2007, 01:21:27 »

I have this error with Flex Builder 3 (build 3.0.184505, it worked fine with the previous build) and I think it may be related to PureMVC because I know Cairngorm had this problem before (see http://bugs.adobe.com/jira/browse/SDK-12065).
What do you think?

Benjamin.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2007, 07:53:36 by puremvc » Logged
puremvc
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2007, 01:28:10 »

Thanks for reporting this Ben.

My most recent FB3 is 3.0.183654, and all is well there, but then you said it was ok in the last rev. I'll have to get this installed shortly and see what I can find out.

Until then, if you need a workaround, simply add the PureMVC source code folder to the build path for your project.

Thanks,
-=Cliff>
puremvc
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2007, 02:05:01 »

Ben,

After a little reflection, here are my thoughts and a suggestion / request.

FB3 is a BETA product right now, and it is in a state of flux. I personally have 3 different installations of the beta on various machines, all older than this latest one that apparently breaks PureMVC.swc.

I could easily install another one to verify / work on this problem, but it's Flex Builder not PureMVC that is the issue. As you said the PureMVC.swc worked fine in the previous version of FB3. What changed?

I believe it is most likely that the format of the SWC has changed. And being in flux as the FB3 Beta is, it's quite likely that it will change again before the product is actually released.

And here's the rub: lets say I recompile the SWC on the latest FB3 beta and it works there, but then fails to work on previous versions.

There are loads of paying FB2 users who need to be able to use PureMVC. Locking them out so that PureMVC can stay right on the heels of the latest maintenance release of FB3 Beta seems unkind.

So, here's what I'd like to suggest/request if you're up to it:

Simply unzip the PureMVC source onto your hard drive, create a new Flex Library project (with this latest FB3) and point to the PureMVC folder. It should rebuild the SWC, which presumably will work for you in your ongoing FB3 Beta projects.

If that works, and you don't mind, email me a copy of the SWC, and I'll see if it's backward compatible. If so, I'll go ahead and get this latest FB3 Beta and upgrade the distribution with a recompiled SWC.

However if it turns out not to be backward compatible, then I will update the download page with information on how to build the SWC yourself or add the source code to your build path if you're using a bleeding edge FB3 Beta.

Sound reasonable?
-=Cliff>
thaneros
Courseware Beta

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2007, 08:26:49 »

I did what you said. I rebuilt the swc but it still gives me the same error. Same thing linking directly to the source.
I was not sure if it was a problem with my code so I tried rebuilding the Lab project. And here FB made an internal error. FB log shows a NullPointerException.
I am really not sure if it is a problem with PureMVC. I should mention I am using LCDS, I will look in that direction now.

Thanks for your help,

Benjamin.
thaneros
Courseware Beta

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2007, 08:41:44 »

It is a problem with LCDS. A simple project using LCDS has the same error.
Sorry for the trouble,

Benjamin.
puremvc
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2007, 07:53:11 »

Not a problem, Ben. Thanks for getting to the bottom of it and keeping us updated here.

-=Cliff>
Pages: [1]
Print