Futurescale, Inc. PureMVC Home

The PureMVC Framework Code at the Speed of Thought

Over 10 years of community discussion and knowledge are maintained here as a read-only archive.

New discussions should be taken up in issues on the appropriate projects at https://github.com/PureMVC

Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Loading a PureMVC swf into a non-PureMVC swf using SWFLoader  (Read 5799 times)
lagos.tout

View Profile Email
« on: November 03, 2008, 04:23:18 »

Hi, all.

When a non-PureMVC A.swf is loaded with SWFLoader into a parent non-PureMVC B.swf, in order to dispatch events from A.swf to B.swf, I use Application.application.dispatchEvent(myEvent) in A.swf.

I tried to use this same method loading a PureMVC C.swf into non-PureMVC B.swf.  It failed.  After much hair-pulling I discovered that in a A.swf Application.application refers to A.swf's application property.  However, in C.swf Application.application does not reference C.swf's application property, but rather B.swf's application property (!!!).

My problem now is that B.swf needs to be able to handle loading both PureMVC and non-PureMVC swfs.  Is this possible?  In C.swf how do I reference it's application not it's parent's (B.swf)?

Thanks much.

LT
puremvc
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2008, 03:41:35 »

The PureMVC swfs will need to be MultiCore-based in order to avoid Singleton collision between loaded PureMVC swfs.

-=Cliff>
lagos.tout

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2008, 05:02:46 »

Thanks for your response, Cliff.
Does that apply to a scenario of one non-pureMVC swf loading only one pureMVC swf?
Thanks.
Pages: [1]
Print