Futurescale, Inc. PureMVC Home

The PureMVC Framework Code at the Speed of Thought

Over 10 years of community discussion and knowledge are maintained here as a read-only archive.

New discussions should be taken up in issues on the appropriate projects at https://github.com/PureMVC

Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: how can I use PureMVC with flex but without mxml files?  (Read 7581 times)
jgormley

View Profile Email
« on: November 04, 2008, 01:18:33 »

I'm not a big fan of mixing mxml and AS and would like to create a flex app with only AS code.  How can I use PureMVC with an AS-only project?  Has anybody done this already or am I out of my mind for wanting to do this?

tia
Jason MacDonald

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2008, 02:47:21 »

I believe you need the first main MXML file but beyond that you could do it all using Code Behind. This is what I do. I'm still using MXML and just having it reference my base classes but you could it it this way without any MXML beyond your app mxml.
Tekool

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2008, 02:59:23 »

Just create a "New Actionscript Project" when you create your project in Flex Builder (or Eclipse with Flex plug-in) then you will have a default application class that inherits Sprite. You can use it as your main application class. No problem to use PureMVC with an ActionScript project only. Your views will have to be Actionscript only of course.
Pages: [1]
Print