Futurescale, Inc. PureMVC Home

The PureMVC Framework Code at the Speed of Thought

Over 10 years of community discussion and knowledge are maintained here as a read-only archive.

New discussions should be taken up in issues on the appropriate projects at https://github.com/PureMVC

Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: finding out framework version  (Read 5418 times)
paddy

View Profile Email
« on: November 07, 2008, 02:47:19 »

hi Cliff,
hope all's tickerty-boo. I was trying to update a few old flash projects to latest framework. The problem is I've lost track of which versions the projects are using ;( some are using 2.0.1, 2.0.3, 2.0.4 (I think). I can't find anything like 'var PureMVC.VERSION;' any chance of adding one for the future? or adding a comment into the classes by copywrite (auto gen?). best paddy ;)
puremvc
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2008, 05:40:21 »

Yes, this wouldve been a good thing to have included. Perhaps a Facade.FRAMEWORK_VERSION property (in case anyone.is using VERSION on their concrete facade to track application version.

Bu not being done from the start you'd have always to check if its null. And honestly, hopefully there won't be many more versions. It has been stable for a while now and no bugs reported. Itd be a funny feature used in just the final version :)

Honestly, I expected the swc to be used most often and the version number is part of the file name for that reason. I suppose this doesn't help Flashers much though.

-=Cliff>
Pages: [1]
Print