Futurescale, Inc. PureMVC Home

The PureMVC Framework Code at the Speed of Thought

Over 10 years of community discussion and knowledge are maintained here as a read-only archive.

New discussions should be taken up in issues on the appropriate projects at https://github.com/PureMVC

Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: what the common.swc?  (Read 7549 times)
marks416

View Profile Email
« on: December 02, 2008, 12:02:08 »

I see the common.swf in libs folder in demo.I guess it include multicore pv and pipe utility.is that right?

Thanks

Mark
Jason MacDonald

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2008, 02:24:41 »

Where do you see a common.swf?

Btw, lib is usually reserved for SWC's not SWF's (perhaps that was a typo?) Either way I don't have any swc or swf in my source using the name "common".
marks416

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2008, 09:14:35 »

I mean common.swc in libs folder for examples(simple_routing etc).

Thanks

Mark
Darshan Sawardekar

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2008, 11:33:10 »

Hi Mark,

The common.swc is a merged swc of all dependencies of the application. The swc file format is just a zip file with a manifest of its contents. Fabrication based applications have 2 dependencies, PureMVC multicore and PureMVC pipes. I have merged these together into one swc for easier development. If you are interested in how to do this, check out the fabrication build system. To do a merge of multiple swcs into one use,

:
<merge-swcs output="output.swc">
   <fileset dir="swcs.dir">
      <include name="name.of.swc" />
   </fileset>
</merge-swcs>

The implementation only works with simple swcs. Swcs that have additional assets and graphics don't work well with this macro. Also the merge is not at the swf level. The merged swcs contains multiple swfs, so its not ideal if you use runtime shared libraries and need a common swf.

peace,
darshan
Pages: [1]
Print