Futurescale, Inc. PureMVC Home

The PureMVC Framework Code at the Speed of Thought

Over 10 years of community discussion and knowledge are maintained here as a read-only archive.

New discussions should be taken up in issues on the appropriate projects at https://github.com/PureMVC

Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Fabrication Application Development Enviroment?  (Read 9375 times)
marks416

View Profile Email
« on: December 04, 2008, 11:36:45 »

Hi,

I overview some demos, some can run in Flex builder without Ant plug-in,some need build with Ant.

I am not sure when we need Ant and when we do not need Ant.

Thanks

Mark
Darshan Sawardekar

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2008, 12:25:51 »

@marsk416

There are some demos which are based on Flash CS3. In these examples you have to compile the flas. The rest use the mxmlc compiler. I am using Ant to compile these demos, but that is not necessary. You could use Flex Builder or any other IDE also.

With Flex Builder or any other IDE you will need to add the Fabrication swcs and its dependencies (PureMVC Multicore and PureMVC Pipes) to the libs folder or into the classpath. The source code for most of the examples is in src/main/flex or src/main/as3. In this case you need to set your main source folder in Flex Builder to the corresponding folder.

Can you tell me which demo you are having difficulty compiling?

peace,
darshan
marks416

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2008, 07:38:10 »

Hi,

I have difficult to build simple_routing if I do not use Ant.

Do you have a way to build the Demo without Ant?

Thanks

Mark
Darshan Sawardekar

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2008, 10:04:36 »

@Mark,

Can you provide some information about any errors you are getting when building with Flex Builder?

peace,
darshan
marks416

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2008, 11:00:23 »

Hi darshan,

Thanks for reply.

I can not recreate the simple_module.swf without Ant when I make change to SimpleModule(SimpleModule.mxml or any file in simplemodule folder).

Would you please let me know how to generate the  simple_module.swf in Flex Builder without Ant.

Thanks a lot

Mark

Darshan Sawardekar

View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2008, 10:58:42 »

@Mark,

I checked this out in Flex Builder 3. You need to add the SimpleModule.mxml as a Module in the project via Project Properties > Flex Modules. However there doesn't seem to be a way to specify the output swf location/name in that dialog. So after adding it as module FlexBuilder.mxml will generate a file SimpleModule.swf in the bin folder.

You need to either rename this swf to simple_module.swf, or change the code in the shell to load SimpleModule.swf instead. The file to change this is, shell/view/MessageControlBarMediator.as#addModuleButtonListener.

peace,
darshan
Pages: [1]
Print