Futurescale, Inc. PureMVC Home

The PureMVC Framework Code at the Speed of Thought

Over 10 years of community discussion and knowledge are maintained here as a read-only archive.

New discussions should be taken up in issues on the appropriate projects at https://github.com/PureMVC

Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Unrelated loading external swf in AIR  (Read 10101 times)
flexphp

View Profile Email
« on: January 02, 2009, 06:51:16 »

Hi all,

Happy new year to all!

I'm writting in this forum knowing it migth not be the right place but... Here's my problem:

Try to load external swf made with Flash+Papervision3D (by someone else I do not control) into an air app full screen. There is a security violation when the loaded app is trying to access the stage.
Everything is OK when the swf is loaded from the Air App application Directory...

Any idea? Many Thanks

@+
Patrick
puremvc
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2009, 01:24:42 »

Yes, this is the wrong place. Its unlikely this is PureMVC's fault.

Where is the loaded swf coming from? Over the web? There are definitely security issues to be dealt with just with flash player in a browser loading swfs from other locations. And even more with AIR. Both of which are well documented on Adobe's site.

that said, are you loading the swf into the same application domain as the main app?

-=Cliff>
flexphp

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2009, 01:59:07 »

Many, many thanks for your answer Cliff.

Yes, the downloaded swf is from the Web.
I have done nothing regarding app domain... don't really understand that...

I will make some web search about it.
Many thanks again!

Jason MacDonald

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2009, 05:02:03 »

You should note that AIR apps act differently than web flash files. You cannot load SWF files over the web into the same application domain as an AIR file. The reasoning is Adobe doesn't want people to be able to make things like advertising swf's that load into an AIR file and suddenly be able to take control of your PC (well to the limit that AIR can anyway) remotely. It is therefore always forced into it's own app domain unless the file exists physically on the PC the AIR app is running.

This doesn't bode well for PMVC and multi-core, unfortunately. Without the ability to communicate through shared instances, and the app domain, the best you can do is use interfaces.

Of course you can package all the module cores into one air app, you just can't access any cores remotely.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2009, 09:00:48 by jasonmac » Logged
puremvc
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2009, 07:25:45 »

This doesn't bode well for PMVC and multi-core, unfortunately. Without the ability to communicate through shared instances, and the app domain, the best you can do is use interfaces.

That's got nothing to do with PureMVC or MultiCore, it is merely a security limitation of AIR.

Seems like I should be able to fetch the modules as data, save them, then load them, though I haven't tried it yet.

-=Cliff>
Jason MacDonald

View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2009, 09:24:10 »

That's got nothing to do with PureMVC or MultiCore, it is merely a security limitation of AIR.

Oh, I know it's not PMVC's fault. I wasn't trying to imply that it was. I just meant that it limits you from loading modules the way you would in Flex or Flash.
Pages: [1]
Print