Futurescale, Inc. PureMVC Home

The PureMVC Framework Code at the Speed of Thought

Over 10 years of community discussion and knowledge are maintained here as a read-only archive.

New discussions should be taken up in issues on the appropriate projects at https://github.com/PureMVC

Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: *Hot* KapLab's PureMVC debug and monitoring console for AS3/Flex  (Read 13920 times)
julien
Courseware Beta

View Profile WWW Email
« on: December 19, 2008, 08:49:50 »

If you'd like to observe what happens inside a PureMVC application, at the framework level, to drill-down into its internal classes, and be able to see operations in real-time:
- MVC operations queue (execCommand, sendNotification, registerMediator, etc...)
- The contents of the Proxies, and drill down into display list of their associated views
- The log of the commands
- The log the notifications
All this is coupled with a stacktrace log, that will allow you to find out the exact line of code from which any monitored operation has started.
All this is provided by our KapLab new component: PureMVC Console, available for both singlecore and multicoreversions of PureMVC:

Screenshots:

For even more debugging power with Flex, don't miss the KapInspect debugging console, that gives even more power to the PureMVC Console, by allowing it to send objects for inspection here:
http://lab.kapit.fr/display/kapinspect/Kap+Inspect

Hope it will be as usefull to you as it has been for us.
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year
 :) :) :)
« Last Edit: December 19, 2008, 09:04:59 by julien » Logged
Jason MacDonald

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2008, 10:48:58 »

Sounds interesting... too bad it can't be used for Flash :(
Joel Hooks
Courseware Beta

baby steps

- 46288188  - passport@provinsal.com  - joeltuff
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2008, 08:19:52 »

ReferenceError: Error #1069: Property body not found on fr.kapit.puremvc.as3.multicore.notifications.PureMVCDebugNotification and there is no default value.
   at fr.kapit.puremvc.as3.multicore.patterns.facade::DebugFacade/_addNotificationRecord()[C:\Documents and Settings\buildmaster\.hudson\jobs\LAB-PureMVCMultiCoreKapit\workspace\PureMVCMultiCoreKapit\src\fr\kapit\puremvc\as3\multicore\patterns\facade\DebugFacade.as:205]
   at fr.kapit.puremvc.as3.multicore.patterns.facade::DebugFacade/debugNotification()[C:\Documents and Settings\buildmaster\.hudson\jobs\LAB-PureMVCMultiCoreKapit\workspace\PureMVCMultiCoreKapit\src\fr\kapit\puremvc\as3\multicore\patterns\facade\DebugFacade.as:171]
   at fr.kapit.puremvc.as3.multicore.patterns.facade::DebugFacade/notifyObservers()[C:\Documents and Settings\buildmaster\.hudson\jobs\LAB-PureMVCMultiCoreKapit\workspace\PureMVCMultiCoreKapit\src\fr\kapit\puremvc\as3\multicore\patterns\facade\DebugFacade.as:152]
   at org.puremvc.as3.multicore.patterns.facade::Facade/sendNotification()[C:\workbench\VESessionDesktop\libs\org\puremvc\as3\multicore\patterns\facade\Facade.as:277]
   at com.visualempathy.session.core::ApplicationFacade/startup()[C:\workbench\VESessionDesktop\src\com\visualempathy\session\core\ApplicationFacade.as:138]

I'm getting some errors on the multicore version. I followed the instructions faithfully.

This is great stuff!

http://joelhooks.com - my ramblings about developing with actionscript and python using pureMVC and django respectively.
julien
Courseware Beta

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2008, 01:20:27 »

Hi, sorry 'bout that, I'll have a look at it and hope to fix it rapidly
We provide new fix builds every week when necessary.
Anyway, thanks for posting reports.
However, it would be great if you could post your reports in our forum, in order to keep trace of it and manage bug reports.
It's here : http://lab.kapit.fr/display/forum/PureMVC+Console

You may also directly report a bug into the Jira system; however you'll have to register once more (SSO is on the way, but not still deployed)

Concerning your problem, it's awkward: the message indicates that property "body" does not exist on the PureMVCEventNotification class, which extends Notification that obviously contains body.
So for me, it looks like either a build/compile issue, or maybe a SDK Flex mismatch, something weird.
Could you please tell me more about your exact config:
OS, Flex SDK, FlexBuilder version
Thanks
Julien
PS: Please do your future reports in the forum, I will directly receive the notifications.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2008, 01:31:25 by julien » Logged
Joel Hooks
Courseware Beta

baby steps

- 46288188  - passport@provinsal.com  - joeltuff
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2008, 09:41:38 »

Thanks for getting the fix in so quick Julien. This is awesome.

http://joelhooks.com - my ramblings about developing with actionscript and python using pureMVC and django respectively.
puremvc
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2008, 06:11:01 »

Very nice tool! Highly recommended folks.

-=Cliff>
julien
Courseware Beta

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2009, 04:22:29 »

Thanks a lot for your support Cliff !
The next version will include also command and notification history, as well as HTTP and other remote services history log and monitoring
Stay tuned !
Neil Manuell
Courseware Beta

View Profile Email
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2009, 06:24:10 »

I just came across it today, (google search)
looks pretty powerful
must have a look
Pages: [1]
Print