Futurescale, Inc. PureMVC Home

The PureMVC Framework Code at the Speed of Thought

Over 10 years of community discussion and knowledge are maintained here as a read-only archive.

New discussions should be taken up in issues on the appropriate projects at https://github.com/PureMVC

Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Something amiss with 0.6 (Flash fails to compile)  (Read 10320 times)
Jason MacDonald

View Profile Email
« on: January 26, 2009, 08:52:29 »

I finally got around to testing out 0.6 today and it fails to compile under Flash cs4. The weird part is it compiles under CS3. As soon as I switch the source from 0.5.2 to 0.6 I get the following compile errors in CS4. I'm not positive, but I think it may have something to do with the internal classes, as those are the major difference between .5 and .6 in the FabricationController class.

:
FabricationController.as, Line 123   1020: Method marked override must override another method.
FabricationController.as, Line 131   1020: Method marked override must override another method.
FabricationController.as, Line 145   1020: Method marked override must override another method.

I've tried to find the problem all morning but to no avail. As I mentioned, it does compile under CS3. And switching back to 0.5 I can compile fine under CS4.
Jason MacDonald

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2009, 08:57:25 »

Looks like my guess of the internal classcausing the problem may be correct. I found this bug report, though I cannot find the report for the new one referenced at the bottom, nor can I find any notes of resolution to it. I assume it's an internal bug number.

http://bugs.adobe.com/jira/browse/ASC-3588

Update:

Externalizing the two internal classes did the trick. Everything now compiles properly. I just moved the two internal classes into the core directory as GroupStore.as and InterceptorMapping.as. I hope they fix this bug, losing the ability to use internal classes sucks.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2009, 09:07:31 by Jason MacDonald » Logged
Darshan Sawardekar

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2009, 09:15:21 »

Thats too bad. Internal classes should really have been supported. Guess this must have slipped through QA. I will switch to externals in the framework and make an update. Thanks for reporting this.

peace,
darshan
Darshan Sawardekar

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2009, 03:20:06 »

Hey Jason,

I have fixed this on SVN. I moved out the internal classes. Also added the change to the ApplicationFabricator that you had suggested. Can you confirm this works for you? Also I noticed that CS4 supports swcs now. I am thinking of creating an swc for it. Is there anything different about CS4 swcs?

peace,
darshan
Jason MacDonald

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2009, 07:09:22 »

Yes, finally swc's work. Though admittedly I still tend to use the sources as I'm constantly debugging and tweaking things. I'll try to test out the changes this afternoon.

As for new things in CS4, aside from the new Flash 10 stuff, there's not much. A lot of the IDE changes have to do with designer concerns and work flow.
Jason MacDonald

View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2009, 07:26:20 »

Can you confirm this works for you?

Seems to be fine. I haven't encountered any errors compiling or related to setting the instance name.

Thanks, Darshan.
Pages: [1]
Print