Futurescale, Inc. PureMVC Home

The PureMVC Framework Code at the Speed of Thought

Over 10 years of community discussion and knowledge are maintained here as a read-only archive.

New discussions should be taken up in issues on the appropriate projects at https://github.com/PureMVC

Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: PureMVC for creating ASP.net website, is it possible?  (Read 15306 times)
JBLi

View Profile Email
« on: January 28, 2009, 08:50:58 »

Hi All,

PureMVC got my attention while I was researching for an MVC framework to build a website under Micrsoft asp.net / .NetFramework 3.5.  Have somewhat read a few things about PureMVC, but still confused about it.

My first question is, can I create/integrate ASP.net website using PureMVC?

My reading so far, all pointing to use PureMVC for Flash/Flex/Silverlight to create interactive GUI apps, but my project is only creating a website.

If anyone can answer my very fisrt PureMVC question, it would be great help to speed up my research.

Thanks!

JB

puremvc
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2009, 09:08:21 »

Hi,

Sorry I personally can't give you a quick yes or no here. I've been out of the MicroSoft tech silo for a few years and am just about to hop back in and explore a bit now that PureMVC gives me a gateway to get there with a methodology I understand.

Anyhow, if this were posted under the 'Port to C#' board it would capture the attention of the C# port owner, Andy, who could give you a succint answer.

I would move the thread to that board but I'm on a phone right now and I don't have that option.

I can tell you that .NET 3.5 and WPF are supported if this helps at all.

For now, I suggest reposting to the C# Port board or going to the C# port and contacting the Port owner directly. The port is at http://trac.puremvc.org/PureMVC_CSharp

HTH,
-=Cliff>
puremvc
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2009, 11:04:49 »

Back at my desk now, so I moved this thread over to the C# port.

Andy, can you comment on this?

-=Cliff>
adamczak

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2009, 12:57:35 »

Sorry for the slow response on this.  Anyway...

I actually haven't had any experience with asp.net and using PureMVC.  I currently have used it for several Forms application and a WPF application.  I've also done a little bit in Silverlight, but just enough so I can get a library build done and tested.

I've seen talk about PureMVC being used in asp.net apps, mapping the view / mediator part of PureMVC to the aspx pages, and commands to the middle tier and the model to the data tier.  I just haven't seen any concrete examples for it.

Andy

JBLi

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2009, 01:27:57 »

Thank you all for your input.   

Microsoft is cooking up their ASP.NET MVC framework (for website) anyway.  I would rather see PureMVC to provide the similar features as well.

My company is starting/deciding to use PureMVC for all Flash/Flex apps.  Again, it would be nice if  PureMVC can be used with standard asp.net websites.

Please keep us posted if you have any good working examples in the future.

Thanks!

JB
Pages: [1]
Print