Futurescale, Inc. PureMVC Home

The PureMVC Framework Code at the Speed of Thought

Over 10 years of community discussion and knowledge are maintained here as a read-only archive.

New discussions should be taken up in issues on the appropriate projects at https://github.com/PureMVC

Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: To multicore or not to multicore?  (Read 6217 times)
jgervin
Courseware Beta

View Profile Email
« on: February 03, 2009, 04:50:11 »

I am starting a PureMVC Flex app and wondered if anyone can lend some puremvc experience upon me.

I have an app that has two modes design and view mode. I am trying to go the easiest path here so I am not sure if Modules would be a better way to go or would it be better to go another way. 

The issue is I have mouse click events and keyboard events that I listen for and their functions are completely different in each mode. So would modules be easiest or do something like remove Proxies and Mediators be the best route?

TIA, J
puremvc
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2009, 09:46:47 »

Beginning with MultiCore is a good idea if you even think you might go modular at some point, or if you plan to do unit tests. It's not that different, most of the utilities now support both versions, and there's no chance you'll t have to migrate later.

The AS3 Standard version really remains now as a reference implementation for languages that don't support modular programming.

-=Cliff>
Pages: [1]
Print