Futurescale, Inc. PureMVC Home

The PureMVC Framework Code at the Speed of Thought

Over 10 years of community discussion and knowledge are maintained here as a read-only archive.

New discussions should be taken up in issues on the appropriate projects at https://github.com/PureMVC

Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: amfphp placeholder data...  (Read 8219 times)
lordnahkim

View Profile Email
« on: February 09, 2009, 10:27:54 »

Hello kind people,

I'm building an app that will consume AMFPHP.  Unfortunately I have no experience doing so.  My PHP team are noobs on the AMFPHP front as well.  I'm ahead of their schedule so I'm looking for some guidance on creating data placeholders for my Flash app.  Whatever "AMF serialized binary" means, it sounds much more efficient than XML.  But I've had a heck of a time seeing what it looks like.  AFAIK I'll have methods in my outer model classes that will send/receive to/from the php api.  What I'm wondering is what that returned data looks like?  I'm imagining something like json?  But is it actually really the exact data types ready to go (ie: Strings & Arrays)?  Is there any structure delivering it that I need to parse down like how json or xml works?

Thank you much for taking the time.
Joel Hooks
Courseware Beta

baby steps

- 46288188  - passport@provinsal.com  - joeltuff
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2009, 03:23:50 »

The returned data is binary objects, unlike JSON or XML, which is ascii text (generally). You can strongly type the data so when AMFPHP sends an ObjectVO via AMF, your application recieves and ObjectVO - and not a string of ascii that you must then process.

http://joelhooks.com - my ramblings about developing with actionscript and python using pureMVC and django respectively.
lordnahkim

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2009, 12:34:53 »

perfect!  Thanks so much Joel.  I know this wasn't actually a PMVC question, so I appreciate you taking the time.
Pages: [1]
Print