Futurescale, Inc. PureMVC Home

The PureMVC Framework Code at the Speed of Thought

Over 10 years of community discussion and knowledge are maintained here as a read-only archive.

New discussions should be taken up in issues on the appropriate projects at https://github.com/PureMVC

Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: PureMVC and active proxys???  (Read 8336 times)
drr00t

View Profile Email
« on: April 14, 2009, 02:43:21 »

Hi,

I am have look for a good MVC architecture to try use in my C++ games, when i found PureMVC i like very much and i finish a port of standard version to C++, now i thinking how to put the service libraries, like: Ogre3D, Bullet Physics, OpenAL, etc... to work together. Now i think to put all libraries inside of Proxys, but, i need that Proxy stay running all the time, to provide a render loop, physics updates, etc.

I saw in samples, that render and application loop stay out of mvc app, delegating this to Flash.

It´s a good create a external loop and start my mvc game inside?

sorry my english.

thanks in advance, and congratulation for the greate work.
puremvc
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2009, 04:00:39 »

I'm sure everyone would like to see your C++ port if you'd like to submit it and have it in the repo here under the same license as all the others.

You should not build external libraries into the port itself, though if you mean making service calls from your application's concrete proxy subclasses, then sure, that's where you'd do it.

Have a look, for instance at the LoginProxy in the Flex Login demo for example:

http://puremvc.org/pages/demos/AS3/Demo_AS3_Flex_WebORB_Login/srcview/source/org/puremvc/as3/demos/flex/weborb/login/model/LoginProxy.as.html

-=Cliff>
drr00t

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2009, 05:09:09 »

Hi,

Thank you, for the quick answer, i would like to share my code, after i finish and anderstand this wonderfull framework. Long life to open source software, you already done all hard work...  ;D

About external libraries, they don´t needed to use with basic port, i will use just to create my high level game framework.

Talk about my earlier question, i would like make a PhysicsProxy running all the time. Or may be i could make a PhysicsService with several entry points and PhysicsProxy wil be subscribed. What you think?

thanks,

puremvc
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2009, 04:25:58 »

Depending upon how complicated the service and its domain data, you may want more proxies, each one being the application's way of accessing part of the service. You might use a delegate for the service that has all the calls but only has the job of making the calls and setting up the calling proxy as the responder for a specific call.

-=Cliff>
drr00t

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2009, 05:29:23 »

Hi,

Thanks for help, i will make this way.

Pages: [1]
Print